-->

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Post About Being Insecure About My Post About Insecurity

There is an Insecure Writers Support Group post coming. But I'm having some trouble editing it. I've written four different beginnings and they are all genius (IMHO) but I think the piece loses something if it's simply four beginnings and no middle or end. Kind of like the blog equivalent of the cancelled show Heroes. A million beginnings that start off so well and soon you just want to tear out your eyelashes and shout, "Could you resolve anything, just one.damn. thing?!" Then you cry a little, but you still watch it because you secretly love Sylar and you'll pretty much watch a show that is nothing but him eating potato chips and using psychic powers to kill other people. So there you are, in despair because you know it's not moving ahead one, single step and you'll have to listen to what feels like 30 minutes of Mohinder rambling on about the universe and mysteries that lay therein and the voice over feels a little bit racist even though you can't pinpoint exactly why...

Reading my post as it is would be exactly like that. So I need a little time. Check back with me later tonight.

Ironically this COULD be an Insecure Writers Support Group post about being insecure about my Insecure Writers Support Group post. Wow, that is so meta it becomes a snake devouring it's own tail. I kind of like it.

Anyhow, stay tuned.



Photo courtesy of fototastisch

Apropos of nothing, did you know that Zachary Quinto is dating Jonathan Groff? That is the most sexy and adorable pairing in the history of ever and I squee-ed a little a lot about it. In honor of Colorado lifting their ban on gay marriage and putting some of my dearest friends a little closer to having equal rights in their own state, tell me who is your favorite celebrity gay couple?

11 comments:

  1. My favorite celebrity gay couple comes from my New Orleans urban fantasies where Margaret Fulller (of Transcendental fame) and Ada Byron, who created the first computer language 100 years before the invention of the computer are an item. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Since I'm a troglodyte who doesn't read about anything that happened before 1982, I had to Google and Wiki those two and learn stuff.

      I approve. Knowledge is sexy.

      Delete
  2. Hi, visiting from the IWSG. Trouble with editing the IWSG post, that's a huge insecurity by itself.

    Rachna Chhabria
    Co-host IWSG
    Rachna's Scriptorium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! I finally got it posted. Today was a two-fer!

      Delete
  3. My favorite gay couple is Ellen De Generes and Portia Di Rossi. Love them, and I wouldn't mind being in a threesome with them.

    PS Hi, and welcome to the IWSG. It's great to come aboard.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn! That's dirty (I like it).

    Though I find the idea of a threesome both baffling and exhausting, I'd also not be opposed to some snuggle time between Neil Patrick Harris and his partner because... yeah. Hotness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NPH and his boy are my faves. So damn good-looking. Plus, I just adore NPH anyway.

      Delete
    2. Me too. I was watching How I Met Your Mother the other night and NPH/Barney was shirtless and I started getting overheated!

      Delete
    3. Haha! It happens fairly frequently on that show. I love his character. He's so skeezy and gross, but hilarious and awesome at the same time.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I watched all of season one and started two, and I'm glad I gave it another chance. The first few episodes (which I watched ages ago) were so painfully awkward and unfunny that I couldn't get into it. But I was bored one night and kept watching and it kept getting better. I needed a new show. We are almost finsihed with all the "Bones" episodes that Netflix has and I've only got a season and a half left of Gossip Girl.

      Also I swear when your semester is over, you are coming over weekly while I foist awesome shows upon you. You can make me watch Smash and I'll make you watch Vampire Diaries because... yes.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a plan! I've been meaning to watch Vampire Diaries because I've heard good things, but...no time. I LOVE Smash, though! Such GREAT music! And Kat McPhee...adore her.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment.