-->

Friday, February 28, 2014

WIP: The Movie Bloghop

This is the Work-In-Progress: Movie Bloghop hosted by Kyra Lennon at Write Here, Write Now and Rachel Schieffelbein at Writing on the Wall.

I'm probably posting this too late, but I didn't find out about it until today. Basically you daydream that your brilliant work-in-progress is becoming a movie. Who would play your characters and what songs would be on the soundtrack?

Let's start with the synopsis of my poorly-titled WIP, Gone So Long:

Adelia is was a rock star. Until her band split up, their accountant stole the pants off their asses and she ended up living in her vintage Pontiac GTO. Desperate, she returned to the hometown she fled fourteen years ago, hoping to sell her father's property for quick cash. But real estate becomes the least of her worries when she runs into her used-to-be best friend, Conor. He's gorgeous and he has a chip on his shoulder. Maybe because it's impolite to screw your BFF and then disappear for fourteen years.Men can be so touchy about stuff like that. 

 It's a tale of a has-been who could-be, if she can pull her head out of her ass long enough to figure it all out.


Adelia, played by the fantastic singer/songwriter, Christina Perri.


No one could capture Conor's angst, sarcasm and sexiness better than Jensen Ackles. Le Swoon.



 The supporting cast: 
Shannon, Conor's funny and adorable friend played by Kimberly Whalen
Jo, Shannon's emo teenager and all around Adelia fan-girl played (improbably) by Avril Lavigne
Matt, the prettiest bad boy guitarist to ever set foot in Cherry Lake, played by M. Shadows of A7X.

Wow it was really hard to wittle the songs down. The list of songs I listen to when I work on the story is huge. Let's try equal parts schmaltzy love, angst and rock...

 Halestorm - You Call Me a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing
 

 Kelly Clarkson - Sober (the live version, which inspired the end of my novel)

 System of a Down - Lonely Day 
 

Paramore - The Only Exception

Seether ft Amy Lee -Broken 
 

Apocalyptica - I Don't Care

Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark

One Republic - Come Home
 

 Halestorm -I'm Not An Angel

O.A.R. - Love is Worth the Fall



Don't forget to hit up the other posts in the Blog Hop. It's synergy, people!

17 comments:

  1. Brilliant choices! Your book/movie sounds amazing!

    Thanks for taking part in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having it. I've never done a blog hop before but this one was too fun to resist! I found out about it in the late morning while I was at work, so I ate at the Chinese buffet for dinner and made collages on my laptop at the table :D

      Delete
  2. Such awesome choices! (Also, love how you have them laid out, collage style--looks awesome!) The book sounds like lots of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am having a lot of fun writing it.

      Delete
    2. Hope you finish soon! I can't wait to read a copy :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, Conor. So beautiful...

    I'm sorry, what was I saying?

    I love your collages and wish I had thought of it. And your blurb is awesome! Adelia is exactly like I pictured her, and Shannon is SO CUTE!

    You won't be surprised to know I haven't heard most of the songs. I'm gonna give 'em a listen now.

    Great post! Makes me miss your story, so...I'm gonna need you to WRITE FASTER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to write Conor because I have to stop daydreaming about him to actually write.

      Yeah, thanks to FB eating my previous book blurb, I think it ended up better!

      I will write harder!

      Delete
  4. Excellent, excellent soundtrack! I love that Kelly Clarkson track--actually, that whole album. And the cast's not too bad to look at, either :)

    (As for your comment on my post--yes, it is a fro in my picture. I'm ready to fight to the death whenever you are. I thought our weapons could be Manolo Blahniks--I think Blair would approve ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I labored over the songs for a bit. While my heroine came to me after going to a Halestorm concert, the actual songs that inspired the plot were all country-ish. Great songs, but they wouldn't actually work on the soundtrack.

      Hello Fro Twin! I am prepared to battle, but before we do that, we should probably go shopping for battle outfits. Elie Saab perhaps?

      Delete
  5. I don't know most of your soundtrack (coz I'm old), but they seem moody and rock inspired. Nothing bad about that. Great cast, love how the pics look like a magazine article rather than a blog post collection. Cool! :)

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you aren't old, it's just not your kind of music. Not the same thing at all. The songs that actually inspired the novel were mostly country if you can believe it. Specifically it was Tennessee Line by Daughtry (featuring Vince Gill), and Back to December by Taylor Swift. But they wouldn't flow with the overall tone of the story.

      Thank you for the compliments and for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Jensen Ackles. Can't go wrong with him...ever.

    Love your site and your book sounds great! Hurry up and get it published, the world is waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is truly beautiful to look at and I really enjoy him as an actor too. He's channels both
      angst and humor really well.

      Thank you for the compliment. I'm working on finishing the book. I set a goal to have it finished by the end of summer. I've stalled out a bit right now and I have to backtrack to fix the problems but I'm hoping to be a bit more prolific this month.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that Conor is a sexy guy! You did some awesome work putting together those pictures of your characters. They look terrific.

    These lines totally made me laugh: Maybe because it's impolite to screw your BFF and then disappear for fourteen years.Men can be so touchy about stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is sexy. Is it weird to be a little in love with my hero? Because I totally am. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I'm a sucker for this kind of story. And Jensen? Come on! Bring it!

    Great choices.
    Sorry, I'm late. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late! Thanks for stopping by. Reunion stories are one of my favorites too. And Jensen... just so very pretty.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment.