-->

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

IWSG: Of Workshops and Writing Careers

insecurewriterssupportgroup.com
I want to be a published author.

I am already a writer, but being published is the next step. As my manuscript is winding down (I'm in the third act), I'm realizing more and more, that I need to get out there and start my writing career.

So I joined a local writing association, which has been wonderful. I love the energy and the fantastic mix of people. I've gone to monthly writing workshops which have been fantastic. The last one was so good. It was all about figuring out how to get unstuck in your story. It was great and I had some epiphanies about my book that are going to make it much better. I also paid a wad of cash to attend a writing conference where I get two, count them two, workshops with Donald Maas. One is a two-hour generalized workshop about writing and the other is a four-hour advanced workshop where we'll be working on our manuscripts. My manuscript will be in the same room as Donald Maas!

If you read his name and got as excited as I did, you're a huge nerd. Its okay. Admitting it is the first step. 

In other news, I just finished chapter twenty-five and it took some turns I wasn't expecting but I like them. I'm elbow deep in angst and my characters are running from their feelings and its awesome. I wrote some scenes in the last five chapters that make me so proud to do what I'm doing.

I'm now no longer working with an outline, so I'm not sure where my story is going to go, now. But I suppose that's part of the fun.

That's all.

Oh wait. I started scenes for two different followup novels. Yep.  I killed it in September! Productivity rules!

And those are words you never think you'll grow up to say.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Christina! What a month you've had. Enjoy your workshop with Donald Maas. I attended one years ago. It's worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for productivity! It sounds like you have been super busy with your writing projects recently. I wish you all the very best.

    Great to visit you today as co-host of IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your productivity. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you are doing so well. Have fun with those workshops! How brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the workshops and writer's group are both making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Workshops are great motivators. Enjoy, and keep on writing that killer novel!
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment.